Follow these tips to ensure your cookout doesn’t upset your canine.
- Be sure your dog is wearing a visible and up-to-date ID tag on her collar before the party begins.
- Keep charcoal, matches and lighter fluid away from your dog.
- Consider keeping your pup on a leash so she doesn’t explore hot grills or tables of food.
- While grilling, ask guests to play with your dog far from the flames.
- Place citronella and other insect-repellants where your dog can’t reach them.
- Never leave alcohol unattended around dogs.
- Check that all sunscreen or insect repellant you apply to your dog is labeled for use on pets.
- Don’t let guests give your pup people food. Consider having a bag of treats on hand.
- Be sure all children are supervised when near your dog to avoid any roughhousing.
- If your pup seems overwhelmed, bring her inside and put her in a quiet area away from guests.
www.petfinder.com/ wp-content/ uploads/ 2013/ 06/ 10-tips-keep-your-dog-safe-at-cookout.jpg
www.petplan.net.nz/ pet_products_insurance/ dog-insurance.html